Ashill Group take the privacy of your information very seriously. Our Privacy Notice is designed to tell you about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information which may be provided to us through our website or collected through other means such as in person by us, by an online form, email, or telephone communication or obtained from public records such as HM Land Registry.
This notice applies to personal information provided by third parties we interact with which may include our suppliers, land and property owners and sellers or their affiliated individuals. In this notice “you” refers to any individual whose personal data we hold or process.
In general, our business involves the buying and selling of land and property. We do not process personal data on a large scale, but we will hold certain data from time to time and this notice sets out the basis on which we hold that data.
This notice is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) from 25 May 2018.
- the processing is necessary in order for you to provide services to us, or as part of a contract between you and us.
- the processing is necessary in pursuit of a “legitimate interest”, a legitimate interest in this context means a valid interest we have or a third party has in processing your personal data which is not overridden by your interests in data privacy and security.
- We may hold contact information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, and job titles and/or specific roles within your organisation (Contact Information”);
- information we may hold about you as an owner of land or property (“Potential Seller”) in order to approach you about the development potential of land or property you own and to enter into discussions or negotiations with you and your advisers relating to a sale or potential sale of such land or property, including your address and contact information (“Potential Seller Information”);
- where we are involved in a transaction or proposed transaction we may have information relating to the transaction or proposed transaction, including buyer and seller contact information and information relating to property or land being bought or sold (“Transaction Information”);
- a record of any correspondence or communication between you and us (“Communication Information”);
If we do obtain your personal data from a third party your privacy rights under this notice are not affected and you are still able to exercise the rights contained within this notice. Data Retention Our current data retention policy is to delete or destroy (to the extent we are able to) the personal data we hold about you to be 7 years from the end of the year that the records relate, or 7 years from the end of the contract or service agreement. The retention periods stated in this notice can be prolonged or shortened as may be required.
We review the personal data (and the categories of personal data) we are holding on a regular basis to ensure the data we are holding is still relevant to our business and is accurate. If we discover that certain data we are holding is no longer necessary or accurate, we will take reasonable steps to correct or delete this data as may be required. Communications with Potential Sellers We may from time to time identify land and property to acquire. Once we have done so we may obtain information about relevant land and property owners from public sources (e.g. HM Land Registry) in order to make enquiries as to whether there is any interest in selling land or property. Sharing your information We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- we may share your information with our professional advisers in the context of a transaction or proposed transaction;
- we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected;
- to protect our rights, property and safety, or the rights, property and safety of our users or any other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so. If we do supply your personal information to a third party we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected and that third party complies with the terms of this notice.
- protecting our servers with software firewalls;
- locating our data processing storage facilities in secure locations;
- when necessary, disposing of or deleting your data so it is done so securely;
- regularly backing up all data we hold.
This notice and our procedures for handling personal data will be reviewed as necessary.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use the strict procedures and security features referred to in this clause to try to prevent unauthorised access. Transferring your information outside Europe As part of the Service offered to you the information you provide to us may be transferred to, processed and stored at, countries or international organisations outside of the EEA.
If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, and the third country or international organisation in question has not been deemed by the EU Commission to have adequate data protection laws, we will provide appropriate safeguards and we will be responsible for ensuring your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this notice. In particular we will ensure that there is a contract in place with our partners to ensure that your data is processed in accordance with this notice.
If you contact us while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to communicate with you.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the EEA in the manner described above.
Notification of changes to the contents of this notice We will post details of any changes to our policy on our website to help ensure you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and in what circumstances, if any, we share it with other parties. Contact us Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Ashill Group, 102A The Green, Twickenham, TW2 5AG. Alternatively, you can telephone 020 8947 4333.
This privacy notice was last updated on 23 May 2018.